How to get rid of bees and wasps in your area?
Hello! The painful sensations of a bee or wasp sting are probably familiar to each of us. It's one thing if we accidentally meet these insects somewhere on the street, and quite another thing when a winged assault force attacks us in our own suburban area. How to get rid of wasps settled on the site where we rest from the bustle of the city?
How to get rid of wasps and bees in a simple and effective way
"Ah, summer is red, I would love you ..." Flies and mosquitoes prevented the great poet from enjoying the sun's rays under the gentle breeze. The current summer residents are bored with wasps all season. They attack for no reason, due to innate aggressiveness
"Ah, summer is red, I would love you ..." Flies and mosquitoes prevented the great poet from enjoying the sun's rays under the gentle breeze. The current summer residents are bored with wasps all season. They attack for no reason, due to innate aggressiveness. One insect attacks several times - a smooth sting does not always remain at the site of the bite. If your site is occupied by "invaders" - follow our advice, as getting rid of wasps is quite difficult.
Get rid of the thoughts of the possibility of a peaceful neighborhood from your head. Feel free to take the buzzing guests to the enemies, because they:
Raspberries, apples, pears, gooseberries, grapes are especially affected by the invasion. Insects gnaw small fruits indiscriminately, in large ones they eat out passages and feast in companies. Wasp colonies are destroying entire gardens!
Wasps are looking for sweets everywhere, in the trash too. Visits to you and fermentation on the table, washed vegetables, fruits are fraught with intestinal diseases for the whole family.
- Threatens health and life.
Insect bites cause not only pain and irritation, but also allergic reactions. Most people do not even know about the intolerance of wasp poison before stinging. And the consequences are dangerous: from dizziness to anaphylactic shock.
Wasps - aggressive, attack several times
Be sure to destroy the nests!
Dealing with wasps is hard. If individuals survived, then the striped family grows again over time. Therefore, the main measure in the fight against buzzing villains is the destruction of homes. Carefully examine nooks and crannies in attics, balconies, sheds, under roofs, on the site. If some nest remains intact, the struggle will have to start anew.
Where do wasps live
Fighting individual individuals who strive to sting or do it periodically will only bring a short-term result. If they are frequent, then there is a nest nearby. Usually it is located in a secluded corner: in the attic, under the balcony, on the roof, in the downpipe, in the chimney, between the wall cladding. There are earthen wasps that build nests, similar to mole passages, right in the soil. They are even more dangerous, because they can bite badly if a person does not notice and steps on a dwelling.
Insects choose a place for a nest at the end of May. It is at this time that you should take action. If you didn’t fight the wasps last year, they will come again this year.
To avoid an invasion, it is necessary to burn the nest, and clean the place of its location with a knife, treat it with a solution of potassium permanganate or chlorine. The returning female will seek another refuge.
How to get rid of bees legally
Now such laws are only being developed, therefore, the following is advisory in nature.
Here's how to get rid of your neighbor's bees if your neighbor refuses a peaceful solution to the problem:
- You need to go to the doctor and witness the bite, if any. The doctor will issue a confirmation certificate.
- Measure the height of the neighbor's fence. According to the norms, it should be more than 2 meters. An exception is if the apiary is located at a height of 2 meters or more.
- Measure the distance from your plot to the hives. The latter should be no closer than 9 meters.
- Write a complaint about a neighbor and contact the management of a gardening partnership with it. Or to the local police officer. Do not forget to attach documents and photographs to the complaint confirming the bite and violations of the rules (about the height of the fence and the distance of the hive).
All documents must be copied. One packet is sent to the local police department, and on the second, a note is made that the application has been accepted. After that, the police will come to check the apiary.
- apiary passport
- an apiary register with all the data from the veterinary laboratory and notes on the completed first aid instruction.
If these documents are not available, the neighbor will be given a fine (from 1000 rubles), they will be obliged to correct all violations in 2 weeks, or they will be deprived of the right to engage in beekeeping.
If you can't remove insects using the law, you can sue your neighbor.
In order to prevent the next bee invasion, a number of activities are carried out.
The following conditions must be met:
- 1. Loopholes are covered with steel wool.
- 2. Paint the entire wood surface.
- 3. Sprayed with spray cans to repel pests or treated with almond essence.
- 4. Lay out citrus peels in the places of the former congestion of bees.
- 5. The slots are filled with sealant.
- 6. The sweet harvest of berries and fruits is harvested on time, which attracts thief bees.
- 7. Dried herbs are hung on the balcony of a private house, which bees do not like.
A "live" hedge helps to protect the site from annoying pests from a neighbor's apiary.
What plants don't bees like?
Bees have a well-developed sense of smell, they can pick up those aromas that are inaccessible to humans. They don't like the smell of sweat, garlic and perfume.
Plants that repel bees:
- 1. Melissa with a pungent smell is an unpretentious plant, but it is best to plant it in a sunny place.
- 2. Lavender is a perennial plant with delicate flowers, resistant to heat and garden pests.
- 3. Wormwood helps to ward off a swarm of bees from the site for a long time.
- 4. Calendula is a medicinal plant. No bee would dare to sit on such a flower.
- 5. Basil, thanks to its essential oils with a pungent odor, repels insects.
Nests and their former locations are systematically sprayed with a citrus-based spray.