The 5 Best Money Tree Foods That Will Ensure Fast, Healthy Growth
The money tree (Crassula or Crassula) is popular all over the world, it is believed that it brings wealth to its owner. Taking care of the plant is not too much of a hassle, but sometimes it needs to be fertilized. They do this in the warm season, when a period of active growth begins. For this, both ready-made store dressings and improvised means that any housewife have are suitable.
Egg shells are a common form of feeding. It contains a large amount of calcium, which plants need to grow. It is easy to prepare the infusion. Take the shells from several eggs and rinse them, then lay them to dry. When the shells are dry, grind them in a mortar or coffee grinder. Place in a clean glass jar and fill with a liter of boiling water. The mixture is stirred and left in a dark place at room temperature. It takes a couple of weeks for the product to give its properties to water. After this period, the infusion is filtered and the crassula can be watered. The root system will absorb the valuable trace element from the soil. Many people mix the shells into the ground as drainage. But remember that excessive alkalinization of the soil will lead to the death of the money tree.
Ash is a common mineral fertilizer that improves the condition of many indoor crops. Wood ash is used, most often from the burning of deciduous trees. It makes the soil less acidic. In such a fertilizer there is a lot of potassium and phosphorus, but little nitrogen. Nitrogen in large quantities only harms the fat woman, so the ash ideally meets her needs. Potassium is needed to keep the leaves green and new ones to appear. Its excess is evidenced by the formation of a boring shade on the leaves. Phosphorus provides energy for the growth of the green part and the development of the root system. To prepare top dressing, 200 g of ash is poured into a glass of water. She is allowed to brew for a week and the fertilizer is ready. Shake the container before watering. sediment remains at the bottom.
Fertilizers based on ordinary baker's yeast stimulate the growth of the money tree and strengthen its immunity due to the presence of nutrients. It becomes stronger and more resistant to diseases and pests. To prepare a top dressing, you need 10 g of raw yeast. Dissolve them in a liter of warm liquid and put them on for a day. If you only have dry yeast concentrate at home, it will work too. A teaspoon of the substance will be enough for 2 liters of water. The positive result will be visible soon.
To obtain such flour, fish bones left over after dinner are ground. They are preliminarily cleaned of meat residues and placed to dry. Then the bones are crushed, while it is necessary to achieve a powder consistency. This fertilizer does not need to be diluted, it is applied directly to the soil. With each watering, the resulting powder will gradually dissolve, saturating the crassula roots with phosphorus. With a lack of this element, the plant begins to shed its foliage, its color becomes less saturated. Since the decomposition process is very slow, it is not necessary to add flour frequently.
Means "Gilea" for cacti
This complex mineral remedy for cacti and other succulents can be purchased at any specialty store. It is recommended to use it from April to September, but not more often than once every two weeks. Pause for a period of rest. Before use, carefully read the attached instructions. Usually, it is recommended to take 2 caps of top dressing per liter of boiled water and dissolve the drug. Store the remaining solution in a dark place out of reach of children and pets. "Gilea" effectively nourishes the fat woman, improving its appearance and increasing resistance to adverse factors. You can use a similar preparation from other manufacturers. The money tree is unpretentious in terms of care. Like other representatives of succulents, it easily tolerates drought, because has the ability to accumulate liquid in the leaves. Loves warmth and sunlight, grows slowly.
Blooming crassula when growing at home
In nature, representatives of the Tolstyankovy family release inflorescences every year, but at home this happens quite rarely. The money tree blooms only when a favorable microclimate is created and proper care is provided. The plant pleases the eye with its beautiful flowers, and some varieties are additionally famous for their pleasant aroma.
How to care for the money tree
For a plant to be healthy and strong, you need to create conditions for it that are close to natural. The fat woman belongs to succulents, knows how to store water for future use, painlessly endure long periods of drought. The plant is ideal for novice florists and very absent-minded people who are not able to carry out systematic watering and feeding, but who do not want to limit themselves to cacti.
Outwardly, the money tree resembles a small stocky tree with a brownish trunk and twigs covered with dense leathery leaves, which contain a supply of moisture for a "rainy day".
In South Africa and Madagascar, where she comes from, crassula (the Latin name of the plant is Crassula ) grows up to 3 - 4 meters. There are shrub and creeping herbaceous species. There are about 300 of them in total.
In the home version, the size of the money tree depends on the volume of the pot. Moreover, during transplantation, I saw that its root system was rather weak compared to the green mass and chose a pot deeper and more powerful so that it would balance the ground part with its weight.
Watering should be done according to the principle “it is better not to top up than to overflow”. The money tree tolerates drought well and is very bad at constantly wet, waterlogged soil. A surprise for me was his fear of direct sunlight. The main thing is that I caught myself in time and moved the fat woman to a slightly shaded corner.
Judging by its appearance, the plant had no complaints about the temperature in the room. We are not particularly heat-loving and keep the heating level in the house at around 21-23 degrees.
I rejoiced, looking at my money tree, and in the depths of my soul, smiling, I waited for the promised prosperity. But one day I found on the windowsill several leaves with slightly wilted petioles. Then their number increased, the leaves fell off at the slightest touch. I began to look for the source of this disgrace.
Outwardly, the fat woman resembles a small stocky tree with a brownish trunk and twigs covered with dense leathery leaves
Micro and macro elements are needed by ficuses for adequate growth and development. Usually, plants of this family are deficient in phosphorus, potassium and nitrogen, since it is precisely without these minerals that the development of leaves and the formation of new shoots are impossible.
Complexes of mineral fertilizers are:
- Liquid. These are solutions used for root podding. They work great as a spray compound for the green part of the ficus plant.
- Dry. Granules or powder, sometimes tablets. This kind of feeding gives the plant nutrients not immediately, but gradually, in the process of each subsequent watering.
- Prolonged sticks. These dressings are laid under the root of the ficus. Some varieties can simply be stuck into the soil next to the plant. When watering, the water will gradually dissolve the stick, thereby saturating the soil with minerals.
Among the mineral fertilizers for ficuses, succinic acid is especially popular. It has the form of colorless crystals, which must be dissolved in water before use. Florists consider such a fertilizer to be the best when it is necessary to feed benjamin ficus, if it sheds leaves or loses its elasticity.
Succinic acid for ficuses can be used for both root and foliar feeding. The first option should be chosen if you need to strengthen the root system, the second - when it is necessary to stimulate the growth and development of the green part.
The concentrate is prepared from 1 gram of amber crystals and water. As a result, you need to get 1 liter of solution. Before use, it must be diluted with water to reduce activity. Apply 3 days in a row, once a year.
Spraying can be carried out during periods when the ficus is infected with pests, since succinic acid fights them well.
The best remedies
The best means for feeding a plant are those that have been tested by experienced plant breeders. Fertilizers include fertilizers produced by manufacturers and folk remedies, the benefits of which have been studied and tested in practice.
Mixtures for feeding a fat woman include the whole complex of necessary substances.
These are special balanced fertilizers for cacti and succulents containing the following components:
When purchasing a fertilizer, carefully study the annotation to it. The content of chemicals should be in the following proportions:
- nitrogen - 1 part
- phosphorus - 2 parts
- potassium - 4 parts.
You can use universal flower fertilizers if they do not have a predominant nitrogen content, but there are vitamins that are useful for the plant. Humus-based fertilizers contain large amounts of nitrogen. It is not recommended to purchase them for a fat woman.
Folk remedies can be just as helpful. Some of them contain a good half of the valuable macro- and microelements of the periodic table:
- B vitamins.
Among the special fertilizers there are fertilizers for succulents and universal compounds.
- Etisso - liquid balanced product is perfectly absorbed by all types of succulents and cacti. Strengthens the immune system, makes flowering longer and more luxuriant.
- Bona Forte - a liquid fertilizer containing all the necessary substances for a fat woman. Includes succinic acid. It stimulates flowering and growth, makes the plant resistant to adverse conditions.
- "Pocon" - a top dressing preferred by many flower growers. In addition, it contains vitamins B1 and PP, which contribute to the growth and strengthening of the root system, helps to efficiently assimilate nutrients from the soil to the crop.
- "Uniflor-cactus" - the ideal ratio of trace elements for cacti and succulents. Increases resistance to various diseases, improves intercellular metabolism, helps to gain strength before flowering.
- "Gilea" - a classic fertilizer for home and garden crops, contains a full range of nutrients necessary for a healthy plant. Under this brand, the drug "Strong Leaf" for foliar feeding and fertilizer "Mister Color Universal" are popular.
- "Effekton DC" - has a beneficial effect on the soil, improving its air exchange, saturating it with the necessary enzymes, which is valuable for the root system. Has no property to accumulate in shoots and leaves.
- "Gumisol" - a fertilizer rich in phytohormones, essential amino acids and minerals valuable for the fat woman. The elements necessary for flowering and growth of the culture are produced faster, the process of photosynthesis is accelerated, and the flowering time increases.
Many flower growers use folk recipes for feeding the fat woman with minerals.
Eggshells are a natural source of calcium. According to proven recipes, it can be used as a nutritional tincture, dry dressing, drainage. For use in any form, the shell must first be thoroughly rinsed, and then calcined in a frying pan or in the oven.
- prepare 10 eggshells
- grind them to a powder in a coffee grinder or mortar
- pour the powder into a liter jar, pour boiling water
- leave the solution in a dark place for 2 weeks
- use instead of regular water to water the plant.
Dry dressing: Place 1-2 teaspoons of ground shells in a pot and sprinkle with soil before planting.
- the shell is mixed with ready-made drainage and poured into the bottom of the pot
- small pieces of shell will serve as an additional drainage layer of at least 3 cm in the planting container.
Wood ash is an ideal fertilizer for succulents. It is rich in everything necessary for a fat woman: it contains more than 30 minerals valuable for the plant, including calcium, potassium and phosphorus.
You can feed the plant with ash no more than once every two weeks.
Wood ash obtained from burning deciduous plants is suitable for fertilization. It is poured into a pot on the surface of the earth and mulched with earth, or an infusion is prepared for irrigation.
- prepare ash after burning birch or linden logs
- Pour 200 g of ash with clean hot boiled water
- insist a week in a dark place
- after 7 days the infusion is ready for use.
Bone and fish meal is an organic fertilizer containing not only phosphorus and calcium, but also copper, zinc, cobalt, manganese, and iron. For 1 kg of soil, 1 g of bone meal is used for feeding.
Raw materials are made from the bones of fish and cattle by digestion, degreasing and grinding. The plant is fed once every three years during the period of active flowering.
Sugar serves as a top dressing for the fat woman in the winter. Glucose is a source of energy, promotes the regeneration of plant tissues and the growth of new shoots. You should not be zealous with sweet feeding. This will rot the soil and attract insects.
Sugar dressing: 1 tbsp. a spoonful of sugar per liter of warm boiled water.
Important! Many organic fertilizer lovers use manure or bird droppings. For a money tree, this top dressing is not suitable. These supplements contain too much nitrogen.
Fertilization is a responsible agrotechnical measure, in which every mistake can become fatal not only for the harvest, but also for the tree.
The most common mistakes are:
- Too large doses of fertilizers. The dosage must be strictly observed.
- Use of expired fertilizers. Fertilizers also have a shelf life and you need to pay attention to it.
- Violation of deadlines. You can't fertilize when you want. Inexperienced gardeners, late with feeding, try to feed the plum in late spring, already during flowering. Fertilizers must be applied correctly - during budding or after flowering.
Spring feeding of plums is aimed at setting up bountiful harvests and maintaining its health. In order not to harm the tree, it is important to apply fertilizers on time, in the right quantities and taking into account the characteristics of the soil.